Lesson 1 of 0
Tips to Managing Credit Wisely
Maintaining your creditworthiness is not rocket science; however, being familiar with the following tips can be helpful:
- Pay your bills on time…pay your bills on time…pay your bills on time!
- Pay your bills in full every month, or if that’s not possible, pay more than the minimum payment, and when possible, apply extra payments toward the highest interest rate debt.
- Limit the amount of debt on your lines of credit.
- Don’t close all of your existing accounts or lines of credit. The length of credit history has an impact on your credit score.
- Limit the number of times that you apply for credit. Credit inquiries impact your credit score.
- Check your credit report for errors, dispute any inaccuracies with the credit bureau, and protect yourself against identity theft
Evolution of Consumer Credit
Credit vs Debt
Types of Credit
How to Build Credit History
How to Improve Your Credit Score